- Courses and Events
- Core Facilities
- Pilot Feasibility
- Calendar Events
- Dr. Weinsier's Festschrift
- Training Opportunities
- Funding Opportunities
- Watch Videos
- Contact Us
Opportunities: Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Obesity Research
Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Obesity Research
The Nutrition Obesity Research Center (NORC) at the University of Alabama at Birmingham announces the availability of post-doctoral fellowships funded through the NIH T32 grant (T32DK062710-01A1) awarded to Dr. David Allison by the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK). The funds from this grant may be used only for US Citizens or permanent residents. In very rare cases we are able to identify additional funds for the exceptional applicant who is neither a US Citizen or permanent resident, but this is a rarity.
The purpose of the Training Program is to offer fellowships that prepare post-doctoral scientists for scientific careers as independent investigators in obesity-related research.
- Individuals with a doctoral degree from any scientific field are eligible. Applicants must be either a U. S. Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- UAB is committed to providing educational, employment, and enrichment opportunities for members of underrepresented groups. Women, individuals from traditionally disadvantaged groups, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Support provided for trainees
- Stipends (typically for a two-three year period)
- Tuition and fees for all required courses
- Health insurance
- Books & supplies for educational purposes
- Travel to at least one national meeting in the trainee’s field of expertise to present their work
Some disciplines represented in training offered:
Key program components
- Mentoring by program directors and major professors who have a strong track record in science and mentorship
- Coursework available
- Interdisciplinary research training
- Weekly Nutrition Seminar Series
- Hands-on intervention experience, as appropriate
- Clinical research opportunities for those interested
Additional Mentors available
For more information:
|Write to us at:
Nutrition Obesity Research Center
1720 2nd Avenue South
Ryals Public Health Building 130A
Birmingham, AL 35294-0022
"UAB is an equal education opportunity institution."