|Core Director:||Tim R. Nagy, Ph.D. 
Department of Nutrition Sciences
Phone: (205) 934-4088
Email: email@example.com 
|Assistant Core Directors:||Bob Kesterson, Ph.D. (Transgenic Mouse Subcore )
Department of Genetics
Phone: (205) 934-7206
Stephen Watts, PhD (Aquatic Animal Models Subcore )
Department of Biology, College of Arts and Sciences
Phone: (205) 934-2405
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org 
|Contact Information:||Maria S. Johnson, Ph.D.
Phone: (205) 934-4008
Email: email@example.com 
Purpose of the Core
The Animal Models Core (AMC) provides specialized expertise in the use of animal models and state-of-the-art instrumentation to facilitate animal research related to nutrition and obesity. The AMC is a unique resource for investigators with services and resources offered not available elsewhere on campus.
The Specific Aims of the Core are:
- To provide expertise in the use of animals models for nutrition/obesity research;
- To provide state-of-the-art instrumentation and methodology for the determination of energy balance (food intake, energy expenditure, activity, and core body temperature);
- To provide state-of-the-art instrumentation and methodology for the determination of body composition (dual energy X-ray absorptiometry, quantitative magnetic resonance, and microcomputed tomography);
- To provide cost-efficient services to Core users; and
- To promote interactions among investigators and to provide training in animal models and phenotyping methods.
Subcores Supported by Animal Models Core :