Postdoctoral Research Day Winners Announced - Congratulations to David Kump
UAB Postdoctoral Research Day winners announced
On Feb. 6, UAB postdoctoral fellows presented their work in a day-long public forum sponsored by the Office of Postdoctoral Education and the UAB Postdoctoral Association. Winners were announced in five competition areas:
- Session 1 sponsored by the Center for Aging: Melanie Styers, cell biology, first place; Sue Marsh, medicine, second; and David Kump, genetics/ Clinical Nutrition Research Center, third.
- Session 2 sponsored by the Arthritis and Musculoskeletal Center: Torry Tucker, physiology and biophysics, first place; Woong-Jai Won, microbiology, second; and Zuoping Li, Biomedical Engineering, third.
- Session 3 sponsored by the Center for Metabolic Bone Disease: Mickael Cariveau, biochemistry and molecular biology, Southern Research Institute, first place; Qiana Matthews, human gene therapy, second; and Douglas Hurst, pathology, third.
- Session 4 sponsored by the Center for Free Radical Biology: Kelly Andringa, environmental health science, first place; Amit Singh, microbiology, second; and Joanna Morrison, environmental health sciences, third.
- Session 5 sponsored by the Department of Neurobiology and the Evelyn F. McKnight Brain Institute: Elenore Beurel, psychiatry, first place; Suzanne Penna, physical medicine and rehabilitation, second; and Caterina Hernandez, neurobiology, third.