Interview Strategies: Putting your best foot forward
|Location:||School of Public Health RPHB 407 @ 1665 University Boulevard|
|Organizers:||Drs L. Kelly Vaughan & David B. Allison|
Regardless of your level of self-confidence or degree of technical knowledge, interviewing for private industry or academic jobs can be very intimidating – it's even harder for those who are shy or introverted. This session will help you learn how to mentally prepare to present yourself, and will offer specific strategies for writing cover letters, answering difficult interview questions, and evaluating job opportunities to choose the best match for you.
All Students & Fellows in UAB's Clinical Nutrition Research Center & Section on Statistical Genetics.
Agenda: 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM
Specific content to be discussed:
- Cover letters for posted openings
- "Cold" cover letters - when you're interested in the organization but know of an opening
- Answering predictable questions
- Answering "curve ball" questions that you couldn't anticipate
- Preparing a winning content presentation
- Asking appropriate questions
- Evaluating opportunities
To register, please send email of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org . Questions? 205.975.9169
Brought to you by UAB's