|The University of Alabama at Birmingham
Department of Nutrition Sciences Research
Nutrition Obesity Research Center
1675 University Blvd., Webb 336
Birmingham, AL 35294
Phone: (205) 934-7639
E-mail: email@example.com 
Full CV 
I received my B.S. in Biology in 2003 and my Ph.D. in Biomedical Science in 2009 from Florida State University under the mentorship of Dr. James Olcese. My dissertation focus was on circadian clock gene involvement in reproduction. Following completion of my Ph.D. I joined the laboratory of Dr. Douglas McMahon at Vanderbilt University as a postdoctoral fellow. My project was the investigation of the role of the circadian clock on depression and anxiety.
I joined the Department of Nutrition Sciences in November 2012 under the mentorship of Dr. Barbara Gower, Dr. Gordon Fisher and Dr. Gary Hunter. Already having a strong molecular background I wanted to broaden my skill set and obtain training in more clinically related studies. I am currently involved in several studies that all revolve around the common theme of the prevention and treatment of obesity and diabetes. Projects I am involved in include: 1) investigating the relationship of osteocalcin on glucose metabolism, 2) examining the circadian impact on metabolic health of an egg-based breakfast compared to a higher carbohydrate breakfast, 3) assessing the metabolic benefits of high intensity interval training versus continuous moderate intensity training in overweight adolescents.
- Ciarleglio, C.M., Resuehr, H.E.S., Axley, J.C., Deneris, E.S., McMahon, D.G., Pet-1 Deficiency alters the circadian clock and its temporal organization of behavior. PLoS ONE 2014. 9(5): e97412. [doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0097412 ]
- Ciarleglio, C.M., H.E. Resuehr, and D.G. McMahon. Interactions of the serotonin and circadian systems: Nature and nurture in rhythms and blues. Neuroscience. 2011. 197: p. 8-16.
- Resuehr, H.E., D. Resuehr, and J. Olcese. Induction of mPer1 expression by GnRH in pituitary gonadotrope cells involves EGR-1. Mol. Cell. Endocrinol. 2009. 311(1-2): p. 120-5.
- Resuehr, D., H.E. Sikes, J. Olcese., E-box regulation of gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) receptor expression in immortalized gonadotrope cells. Mol. Cell. Endocrinol. 2007. 278(1-2): p. 36-43.
- Olcese, J., H.E. Sikes, and D. Resuehr, Induction of PER1 mRNA expression in immortalized gonadotropes by gonadotropinreleasing hormone (GnRH): Involvement of protein kinase C and MAP kinase signaling. Chronobiol. Int. 2006. 23(1-2): p. 143-50.
- Resuehr, D., H.E. Sikes, and J. Olcese, Exploratory investigation of the effect of melatonin and caloric restriction on the temporal expression of murine hypothalamic transcripts. J. Neuroendocrinol. 2006. 18(4): p. 279-89.
Years: 2013 -
Mentor(s): Barbara Gower, PhD, Gordon Fisher, PhD, and Gary Hunter, PhD