|Associate Professor Dept. of Medicine
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
Director, Multidisciplinary Comprehensive Diabetes Clinic
Office Address: FOT 702
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org 
University of Monterrey, NL, Mexico, Bachillerato en Biologia, Biology, 1982
Faculty of Medicine, Universidad Autonoma de Nuevo Leon, Monterrey, NL, Mexico MD, 1989
Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI
Intern / Resident, Internal Medicine, 1991-5
Barnes Hospital, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO
Fellow, Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism, 1995-7
- The pathophysiology and mechanisms of insulin resistance and related disorders, including type 2 diabetes, the polycystic ovary syndrome, and the metabolic syndrome.
- The epidemiology and classification of the different sub-types of diabetes mellitus, including Latent Autoimmune Diabetes of the Adult, Type 1b Diabetes, Pancreatic Diabetes, Diabetes in the Elderly, and Maturity Onset Diabetes of the Young.
- The distinctive pathophysiology and treatment of diabetes in women
- The pharmacologic treatment of diabetes mellitus, including the treatment of diabetes in difficult conditions; e.g. in subjects with hepatic and/or renal disease
- The scientific testing of widely held dogmas and/or myths in today’s clinical practice, specifically those related to the management of diabetes mellitus.